Barn Art Symposium, Secret Hotels annual Mols situated festival is a meeting point, a melting pot for artists and other professionals who meet to share thoughts, creative processes, and presentations. The festival was a great succes in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Barn Art Symposium I 12th – 16th of July 2012: Five artists from Italy, Germany, England, Norway, Sweden, Finland/Switzerland, Australia and Denmark shared work and thoughts with each other, neighbours and other participants:
We had waking up morning sessions by Colin Poole or Stefano Questorio.
As well as: Performances, a concert, presentations, workshops and lectures by Stefano Questorio (I), Martina Marti (SCH/SF), Jochen Arbeit (D), Ronan Vandrer (DK), Af-Af (AUS), Mette Bovin (DK), André Austvoll (N) and Secret Hotel/Christine (DK). And then, of course, great food!
Barn Art Symposium II was held August 15th – 19th 2013, and this time we chose the theme of deep ecology – we are all part of a greater whole! Besides sharing work an ongoing dialogue took place about our relation to our surroundings, sustainability and how the landscape can affect both art and other human activities.
Secret Hotel were very happy once again to host a broad variety of interesting and inspiring work which stimulated lively talks.
– Katrine Faber and Søren Friboe (DK) opened BAS with their participatory concert Singing the Place
– Anthropologist Mette Bovin (DK) showed her documentary about the Wodabee tribe from Niger and Mali
– Martina Marti (CH/SF), Emma Suominen (SF) and Nini Julia Bang (DK) created their solo performance ”Hamlet Private” for Mols after a succesfull visit in Berlin. It was performed during three days of BAS
– Secret Hotel’s walking performance ”Tanke Gange” (”Think Walk”) opened the second day of BAS
– The Danish biologist Inger Kærgaard shared her knowledge and considerations regarding forests on this planet
– Dancer and choreographer Dagmar Dachauer (A) showed ”Treeo” – a work in progress involving dance and a tree, which she wanted feedback on
– Phd student from Helsinki University, Corinna Casi (I), presented the philosophy of deep ecology
– Performer and director Charlotta G. Cederblad (S) discussed her planned performance about consumption and emancipation
– The musician Anna Ottertun (S) performed her compositions mixing Arab and Swedish singing and asked for response
– Shaman and lecturer Annette Høst (DK) made a presentation about a her world view as a shaman
– Dancer and performer Stefano Questorio (I) arranged a yoga walk in the landscape
Mie Lotus wrote about Barn Art Symposium II on her blog Lotus & Skov
Article about Barn Art Symposium II by local newspaper Ebeltoft Folketidende
Dagmar Dachauer, dancer and performer from Austria, wrote “Barn Art Symposium II Chronicle”
Barn Art Symposium III (BASIII) was held 20th-25 of August 2014.
Secret Hotel invited artists and other professionals from seven countries for a festival under the title “Barn Art”. Here we also worked with the development of Landscape Dialouges.
Barn Art Symposium II was funded by Danish Arts Council